1 Jul 2009

Spotted Redshank at the Quoile Pondage


There has been a summer plumaged Spotted Redshank (Tringa erythropus) at the Quoile for about a week. It has generally been on the far shore from the Castle Island Hide. It was the first time I have seen a summer plummage bird in Northern Ireland. I have seen them at Minsmere before.
I have a very distant image but here is a far better image by a Scottish Photographer Alister Benn, who lives in China. In my mind a very fine Landscape Photographer as well as Birds.

1 comment:

Timothy Belmont said...

I've never been to that hide before. I pass the main road often enough; must make a detour.

I was quite surprised to see a male bullfinch at our feeders, munching on black sunflower seeds while I watched Wimbledon; he was on his own - perhaps his partner wasn't far away. It's the first bullfinch I've seen in our garden for a few years.

Tim