31 Dec 2006

A Year Total of 163

163. Lesser Scaup

There has been reports of the Lesser Scaup at the Clea Lakes near Killyleagh and on my third visit I finally caught up with it.However weather was not for photographing so you will have to make do with Derek's photo in previous post.

I was up in Donegal yesterday helping my father out with his new Imac and I decided to go and look further afield in Donegal than I had been before(44 Years) So i went to the Bloody Foreland in Northwest Donegal to aplace called Magheraroarty. It is a coastal village with a harbour where you take a boat to Tory Island (A good spot for autumn migrants). I parked in the car park in front of the harbour and started to take photos of a Rock Pipit which I noticed had been ringed

Well a year tally of 163 in Ireland which in my first year of taking birding more seriously as opposed to observing birds as and when you see them pleases me . Some of the photos I have posted this year have belonged to Derek Charles and he has reached in the 190's for Northern Ireland and in the 220's for Ireland as a whole. This gives me hope for this coming year that my listwill improve!!!!

This blog has kept me encouraged to improve and the fact that I have twenty to thirty visitors a day also. If you are one of my regular visitors I thank you and wish you a Happy New Year. I will be continuing in the New Year. I am contemplating making podcasts when I understand the technology to do so.

No comments: