14 Mar 2006

I'm brand new to this blogging Lark

Went for a walk with Pickle(the working cocker spaniel ) to Killard,Co.Down Northern Ireland this morning around 8.30.
She put up a snipe almost immediately. The tide was going out and there were a good few brent geese
feeding on the shore line. Saw a group of about 30 goldfinches on the raised beach. The meadow pipits and the skylarks were in abundance. Over on the main beach there was a male red breasted merganser. As I walked around headland a female peregrine was flying low over coastline. Not long after a Whimbrel(First tick of the year) started calling.(Checked it out on my bird sounds cd when I returned home)

At home on the shores of Strangford Lough I have a bird feeder in front of the house where I feed niger seed, sunflower hearts, peanuts and fatballs. Very busy today Blackbird, Dunnock(2),Goldfinches(6), Blue Tits, Coal Tit, Chaffinches, Great Tit, Greenfinches, Robin and a very fat rat.(Now deceased) On the shore from the house there were 15 Shelduck and 100+ Brent Geese.

No comments: